Saturday, June 03, 2006

Networking

So I have been in Spain about 2 weeks now, and I have 13 numbers on my phone. I must have met (socially, not at the supermarket!) over 50 people already, from every possible walk of life. Painters, dancers, fruit sellers, teachers, plumbers, artists, cleaners, writers, married gay couples, bar tenders and actors (!)

But no business people! No ‘suits’. Not that I particularly want to meet any suits, but I thought it was an interesting observation.

I need to find a new apartment, and I have got 6 numbers to call already, all through friends of friends of friends. I guess there is nothing new about what I’m writing in this post, but I don’t remember meeting so many cool new people at once in Dubai – so again for me, it’s a breath of fresh air. Everyone seems to be living a ‘working to survive lifestyle’, but they seem so content (or they just don’t complain!) that the energy around them is contagious. Yeah OK, I know I’m in the swing of being in Spain - let’s see how long it lasts. :)
Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Locations of visitors to this page