Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Body Pump in Valencia

I swear by Body Pump. I think it’s one of the best group gym classes that focuses on building strength and toning. 60 minutes of weights to super music. I have been doing it for 5 years now. The beauty of this programme is that it is exactly the same all over the world. No matter where you live, the music, the routine, the repetitions are all the same! It’s brilliant to be able to go anywhere in the world and be able to do body pump, just the way you have always known it to be.

I thought the at least the music might be Spanish, but the closest to it was the cool down track by El Divo. The gym was average. Too many people and bad air conditioning, but then I guess I am used to Dubai standards, so comparison may not be fair. They didn’t give me a towel, nor a lock for the lockers – you have to bring your own. No worries, no biggie.

The instructor was a hottie. I bet you he’s gay though, all good-looking Spanish men seem to be! He did have an entire conversation with me during the chest track though. I thought he’d ask for my number as well, but he didn’t. I think I’ll be going back next week.
Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Locations of visitors to this page