Thursday, February 01, 2007

Adios Dubai: Part 2

Am off to Madrid tomorrow morning. This time it's Madrid, not Valencia because it's a bigger city with more opportunities, and it is international yet thoroughly Spanish. The plan is to get certified in Spanish (DELE), travel and write; and well, some income would be a good idea so will teach English...after learning how to teach English (TEFL) of course.

Since I am changing city, I will be starting off from zero again. Although I have a huge knot in my stomach, that is what I find exciting, so it's all cool.

'Abha you have been to Spain once, you had a blast for 6 months, what are you going back for?' is the question that I have been asked a million times over the last month. Honestly, I have no solid answer. I am still as lost as ever, scavenging for direction.

I read this line the other day (cannot remember where) and it brought to me the biggest smile:
If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost :)


All I know is that I am doing this because I enjoy it and can afford to do it. And yes, I secretly hope it will help me figure out what I want to do with myself. But who knows.

The only thing that hurts when I move is goodbye hugs to family - always dramatic in my house, so tears are guaranteed. Sometimes I think we are too close for our own good. But then again, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Close friends I don't say goodbye to. I stick to 'see you later aligator', and it's way easier. And I truly believe that those people who want to stay in your life, will, no matter where you are. Thanks to the Internet, there is really no excuse.

I will arrive late tomorrow night and my cousin brother has some friends in the capital who have been kind enough to let me bunk with them until I find my own place.

I need to sort out my paper work once I get there, but assuming that all goes well, the plan is to be there for a year.

How will this year help me later? Don't know, don't care.

Whatever happens, if nothing else I will have some good stories to blog about :)

Am flying Qatar Airways. This will be my first time on a Gulf airline. No, 10 years in Dubai and I have never traveled Emirates.

Hasta pronto chicos, do stay tuned.
Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Locations of visitors to this page