Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's all happening

So I have just about to start feeling settled...almost MadrileƱa, dare I say.

I live in the centre of the city, in a huge 4 bedroom apartment. I have a double bed, and a terrace all to myself. I can't wait for Spring to have breakfast out there.

My flatmates are the coolest, craziest, warmest people I have met for a long time - they are like elder sisters I never had. All from creative backgrounds (actors, meditators, dancers), it is not uncommon to find them dressed as elves, or doing a Red-Indian ritual dance when I walk in. Believe me, it's not weird, infact the contrary.

They all light candles 24/7 around the house, which makes the house smell wonderful, feel spiritual and look great, but I'm quite paranoid that it might catch fire some day. I'm forbidden to blow them out, because that will ruin the purifying process that they aid. But that's hardly anything to complain about.

I've met an awesome guy. And that's all I will say about that, for fear of jinxing everything.

I have wonderful students. Teaching them English is a breeze and very satisfying, (except for the 2 little brats I have who only want to play game-boy, talk about Pokemon in an unspecified language, and karaoke to High School Musical).

I wake up every morning more than content. Fresh, alive and ready to seize the day. Something I haven't felt in a while.

Although my great 'plan' is to stay here for a year and then move to NY, the thought of leaving Madrid at the moment is incomprehensible. Who knows?

It's good to be blogging again.
Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Locations of visitors to this page