Monday, September 25, 2006

Spanish Spit

Spanish spit is the last thing I thought I'd be writing about Spanish men. As much as I think they are very sexy, it all goes down the drain when your face gets repeatedly sprinkled with spit in conversation. Ugh.

Every time for the last 4 months, I have let it pass - thinking, nah it's just this dude- he has a lisp, or ah this dude has lived in Germany, or ah he's old - old men spit. But no. Spanish men spit when they talk. To which I must add, their sense of personal space is half of what you would be comfortable with, so there is no place else for the spit to go but your face.

These days I stand as normal when I'm talking, but my head is a good 45 degrees acute angle away from Juan, Carlos, Jose, David, Raul, Ricardo, Javier, Miguel, Toni, Ivan and Mario. Don't they realise when they do it? How can you not realise? The fact that 'g' is pronounced 'khhhhhhe' and 'j' - 'khhhhhho'' is not good enough of an excuse. ' And, just to clarify - not Latin Americans, just the Spanish.

I'd be interested to have a spitting competition between Arab and Spanish men, it would be a tough one.
Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening? Locations of visitors to this page